neurotransmitters, hormones differences assignment: This is assignment I do not want external source, use the textbook “DRUGS and SOCIETY the 13th Edition. Also, this questions can be found at the end each chapter.
- What are the similarities and differences between neurotransmitters and hormones?
- Why is it important for the body to have chemical messengers (such as neurotransmitters) that can be quickly released and rapidly inactivated?
- Why might the blood-brain barrier prevent a drug from having abuse potential? (You can find the answer to this question in p. 167)
- How does the concept of drug “potency” apply to the therapeutic use and the abuse of drugs?
- Which feature of CNS depressants give them abuse potential?
- Why is long term use of the benzodiazepines more likely than short term use to cause dependence?