NR 512 Week 3 Assignment
NR 512 Week 3 :Scavenger Hunt Assignment – The Scavenger Hunt assignment must be completed during Weeks 3 & 4 in Second Life. The worksheet must be submitted by Sunday 11:59 p.m. (MT) at the end of Week 4. The worksheet is located in the course resource section. The guidelines for this assignment are listed below as well as located in the course resource section.
NR 512 Week 3 :Scavenger Hunt Assignment Purpose
This assignment is designed to help students:
Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings. Students will follow the VLE Course Guide by clicking on the link (http://library.chamberlain.edu/vle/nr512 (Links to an external site.)) found in Course Resources. Follow the tabs in the VLE for explanations of course assignments and documents needed to complete the activities. This guide helps the student navigate through the steps to complete Week 3 and 4 Scavenger hunt activities using the Scavenger Hunt Worksheet.
NR 512 Week 3 :Scavenger Hunt Assignment Course Outcomes
CO 2: Demonstrate synthesis of nursing and non-nursing science with information and computer technologies through collaborative advanced nursing practice. (PO 3, 5)
CO 5: Explore the roles, competencies and skills, including cultural humility, associated with nursing informatics while collaborating as part of the healthcare team. (PO 3, 5)
CO 7: Explore trends and issues in NI and their impact on nursing practice in all domains, including cultural humility and person-centered care. (PO 1, 3)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 4.
Total Points Possible: 200
Second Life (SL) Scavenger Hunt Responsibilities
Following the VLE Orientation Guide for SL – Tabs 3 and 4
Week 3 and Week 4 – Scavenger Hunt
Students should have viewed the Orientation video, created their account and avatar and gone through the Orientation Area. Week 3 and Week 4 log into Second Life to complete the Scavenger Hunt activities listed below. The assignment will be completed in Second Life by the end of week 4.
1. Go to the assigned web site for Second Life listed in your course materials and follow all of the directions to access Second Life. Follow the VLE Guide provided in Course Resource.
The Scavenger Hunt: Locate and download a copy of the Scavenger Hunt worksheet in your course web page or you can download it from the link at the top of this page. You will be logging into Second Life to complete this task.
- As students complete each station in the Scavenger Hunt, they are to write answers to the questions on the worksheet provided.
- Save it as a MS Word document in the following format: YourName_NR512_ScavengerHunt
- Upload the worksheet to the Dropbox in your course page by the end on Week 4 on Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT.
- Understand that the time your avatar is present in Second Life is recorded and this information can be reviewed by faculty and Second Life mentors.
- You will always log out of Second Life when your session is complete.